Can I get a ride to my doctor?
We can help if you do not have a way to get to your doctor, dentist, or counselor. People on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP or Medicaid) get help paying for rides to medical appointments. These are called medical rides. They are also called non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT). You will need to get approval before you go to your appointment. To get approval call the ride service below that serves your region.
Depending on your needs, you could get:
- Help with the costs of driving yourself or being driven by someone else
- Daily or monthly bus passes
- A taxi ride
- A ride in a wheelchair-accessible van
- Other specialized transport
To get a medical ride, you must:
- Be a Trillium OHP member
- Need a ride to a medical appointment covered by the OHP or to a health-related service approved by Trillium. For members who have Medicaid and Medicare insurance, the ride can be provided to OHP or Medicare covered visits.
Helpful Links for Transportaton help:
Lane-Western Douglas-Western Linn Counties Members use:
- 541-682-5566 or 877-800-9899 (TTY: 711)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- If you need help outside these hours, please leave a message and LTD will call you back the next business day.
- LTD Oregon Health Plan Service
Ride service call centers may be closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Ride services schedule trips to appointments. Trillium has trained our ride services on Oregon rules for medical rides. Trillium requires ride services to ensure drivers are trained on Oregon rules for medical rides.