Trillium vendor reports a Data Security Incident
On January 25, 2021, Trillium received information that one of our business partners was a victim of a cyber-attack. A cyber-attack means a hacker was able to steal data.
Trillium works with Accellion. Trillium uses Accellion’s system to exchange files with health providers and others who help support our operations.
The hacker was able to get access to Accellion’s system. The hacker was able to view or save Trillium’s files stored by Accellion. Personal information was included in the files on Accellion’s system. We have no reason to believe the information was used incorrectly.
This happened between January 7 and January 25, 2021.
What Information Was Involved
Personal information may have included name and one or more of the following:
- Date of birth
- Insurance ID Number
- Health information, such as your medical condition(s) and treatment information
What We Are Doing
We have taken these steps in response to this incident:
- Immediately began working with Accellion to learn what happened.
- Reviewed the files involved in this incident.
- Accellion is working with law enforcement, including FBI.
- Stopped using Accellion’s services and removed all of our data files from its system.
- Reviewed our processes for sharing data to make sure they are not at risk to a similar attack.
What You Can Do
We are providing members affected by this incident with one-year of free credit monitoring and identity theft protection services. We included instructions on how to enroll in this service in the letter sent to affected individuals. If you have recently moved or changed your address, you may want to contact Trillium. For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Trillium at firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-694-1824.
We have no reason to believe that the information was used incorrectly. However, we want to be careful. Please review the steps below you can take to protect your information.
- Keep a copy of this letter for your records in case of any future problems with your health plan benefit or other records.
- Review statements from us. If you see there was any treatment or services that you believe you did not receive, please contact us.
Your personal information is important to us. We regret any issue this may have caused you.
- Federal Trade Commission: https://identitytheft.gov/
- Oregon Attorney General: https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/
Sr. Director Compliance
Trillium Community Health Plan