Hot Weather Safety
Stay Safe in Hot Weather
We are expecting very hot weather in Oregon during the next week.
To stay safe and healthy, it’s important to drink lots of water and spend time inside with air conditioning if possible.
- If you need a cool place to go, 211 info has a list of cooling centers in each county.
- For help anytime, call 211 or 866-698-6155. For help 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, text your zip code to 898211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anyone who needs transportation support to a cooling center can call 211.
- Sign up for emergency notifications from OR-Alert.
- Check alerts and advisories from the National Weather Service.
- Check the Heat Risk map from the National Weather Service.
- CDC: Keep your cool in hot weather
- CDC: Warning signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses
- Lane County: Extreme heat
- Multnomah County: Take care of yourself and others during hot weather
- Oregon Health Authority: Extreme heat
- Oregon Health Authority: Preventing heat-related illnesses
- Oregon Health Authority: How to protect yourself during extreme heat (video)
- Portland Bureau of Emergency Management: Hot weather safety tips
- 211 Public Alerts: Extreme heat
Trillium Members: You can get free help or information in a format that works best for you, including Braille, audio, large print, other languages, and other formats. You can also ask for an interpreter. Please call Trillium Member Services at 877-600-5472 (TTY 711).